# 6 Corner of Mariscal Sucre y Borrerro. Built in 1949
This building has a marked Italian influence and was constructed in 1949 by the Salesian Fathers to accommodate visiting monks of the same community. The land was donated in the 1920’s by Florencia Astudilo Valdivieso. The first floor windows display exposed brick and semicircular arches.The second floor is fronted by balconies with stone slabs and wrought-iron rails. The French windows are decorated with stone shields of the Salesian Order, adorned with human masks, plaster ribbons and wreaths. The corner is an outstanding feature of the building. Conceived as a tower with an oculus at the center, it has a hipped roof of corrugated zinc with spires rising at each corner to accentuate the verticality of the building. A wrought-iron cross on top of the roof provides the final touch. Now owned by Dr. Alberto Delgado, the building accommodates commercial establishments on the ground floor, and is currently a residence on the upper floors.