Calles Padre Aguirre y Presidente Cordova. Built from the 16th Century through 1930.
In 1557 Gil Ramirez Davalos reserved a plot of land for the Franciscan Monastery. The construction of the early church dates to 1560, although the present day church is the result of remodeling initiated in 1920 and concluded in 1932.
The main altar of the church dates back to colonial times; and has fine carvings covered in gold leaf, as does the original pulpit.
The church borders Plaza San Franciso, an important market, and location for City Concerts and Events.
At the top of the tower there is a bell and a clock surrounded by phrases of faith written in Latin.
Beside the church is the Parish House with a lovely garden courtyard.