#24 SOJOS BUILDING Simon Bolivar 9-24. Built 1907
At the beginning of the 20th century, Dr. Benjamin Sojos purchased this building, and decided to give it a new facade. He commissioned new building materials from France, one of which was cement, which was use for the first time in Cuenca. Exposed brick is another element of the construction.
The ground floor is still Dr Sojos pharmacy.
The old pharmacy still operates selling sodas, lotions, oils, and various products.
There are two towers at the top of the building which are accessed via spiral staircases.
On the top levels are offices of the German Center of Cuenca.