#9 Corner of Simon Bolivar and Antonio Borrero.
The first stone was laid in 1874, constructed by Juan Bautista Stiehle, a German monk, under the superiorship of Father Pedro Didler. The Redemptorists built the church in a relatively short space of time, just fourteen years. In 1888 Bishop Miguel Leon consecrated the church, dedicating it to the Virgin of Perpetual Help.
The exterior was repainted this year, in 2019. The spires are a beautiful sky blue, which sometimes seems to melt into the sky and make them transparent! The left tower is adorned by clocks dating to 1940.
The church and its elements are based on a predominance of stylised Neo-Gothic lines.
Noteworthy artworks include a colonial painting of Michael the Archangel.